Monday, March 14

Fleur De Sel Caramels

YUM. These are delicious! You can't just have one unfortunately! I got this awesome recipe HERE BUT READ THIS! --> YOU MUST ADD SMOKED FLAKE SEA SALT TO THE TOP! I repeat you mussssssst add smoked flake sea salt to the top. It is crucial to the taste and don't go easy on it!
First, you need to line the pan with parchment or wax paper, I cut a size that would fit my pan perfectly and then rubbed a stick of butter underneath the paper to get it to stick and then also covered the top of the paper with butter to keep the caramel from sticking.

When cooking the caramels (follow the directions precisely) the caramel will go from a lighter color to a darker brown.
After it's done cooking you will transfer it to your greased pan and allow to cool a little bit until it is a little bit more viscous, and THEN add a good amount of smoked sea salt. It is important that the sea salt is the flakey kind and not too rock like.
Then after letting it cool until it is hard (to room temperature although I kept putting it in the fridge for 10 minute periods, being very careful to not let it get too hard) take it out of the pan and onto a cutting sheet. I used a pizza cutter to cut it which worked quite well.
Then, at the grocery store I found this AWESOME Martha Stewart wrap to wrap the caramels in! It has foil for the outside and parchment paper on the inside to keep them from sticking to the foil! Genius!!!
I cut the Martha Wrap into little squares big enough to wrap each little piece in. And let me tell you, wrapping them takes practice!! And this recipe makes sooo many pieces that it's kind of a tedious job hahaha but well worth it my friends!
It makes so many!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Yum! I'll need to try this. But more importantly I need to try that Martha Stewart paper. What a brilliant idea. Oh Martha. You know just how to get me.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Rae said...

I definitely need to make those, they look good.

Emmett Katherine said...

uuummmm that home made candy looks amazing!