Tuesday, April 5

Off the Beaten Path

Lately, for months now, I have accepted the fact and realized that my life is about to take a turn, like a complete 180. So, things have been fine, but, since yesterday the thoughts and worries have built up again so I decided to take a different path on my walk today, the unbeaten one (literally). And I realized that it was somewhat symbolic. Symbolic in a way that I came across some very pretty and unexpected things on my walk that I really enjoyed. Blissful, beautiful serene sights. I have been unsteady about some things lately (and my dreams of tornadoes hitting my house sure explain how I'm feeling inside). And finding these things have shown me that beautiful things can happen if you veer from your normal path in life and go out of your comfort zone. And let me tell you! I was for sure out of my comfort zone going off into the barely there paths in the hills behind my neighborhood in fear of rattle snakes, cows, coyotes and even mountain lions!! I think my squirrel count got to like 22...there were lots of them. But once I just went with my gut I realized I wasn't harmed and actually finished the walk with some beautiful photos! So lesson taken.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

David said...

where do you find all these wonderful places??

Kate said...

Hey Dave! It's in the Hills behind my house in our neighborhood.

Anya said...

Wow. Can I ask what you use to edit your photos?